Sunday, February 22, 2009

Daycare Blues


As a teacher we often talk about how we are with our students more then their parents are, at times we even have talked about how we are the influence in our students life. Well one night this week I picked Lilly up from daycare came home and by 6:30 she was sleep. Before her bath or any night time routine we had been doing. All of the sudden it hit, someone else is raising my child and it is not me! They are feeding her, setting her schedule, helping her sleep and calming her when she is upset, and it is not me! Talk about a blow to motherhood. 
I am lucky that i love my job. Being at work really is fun and makes leaving her not so bad, but that makes me feel guilty. People keep telling me that if I can get through the first week it will get easier...but my stomach hurts now knowing that it starts all over again tomorrow. 
Pinckney is going on the road this week so it will be a true test of my patients and tolerance. This weekend Lilly has decided not to sleep, either she is on a different schedule that she was (which is probably the case) and we have not adjusted to her new day or she was just SO happy to be home that she wanted to not sleep and hang out. Need less to say I am sitting here counting the minutes before she wakes back up and had a complete meltdown. 
Between trying to get work done, the house cleaned and take care of her all on no sleep I feel like I don't stand a chance. Did I mention I REALLY need to excersize and how do you fit that in? Working moms out there...how do we do this?!?! I checked my email for the first time in a week this morning and only got to a couple before she was up again. 

Here are a couple of photos from the weekend, Pick and her watching TV maybe one day she will understand what she is watching hahah. 

 

No comments: