Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Bunny and All Things Real

So I would like to take a minute to review all things real in Lilly's life over the past year. This really just includes the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
We had SUCH a promising start with the Easter Bunny last year...

Then many months later we met Santa, and it did not go so well...

Now we are back to the Easter Bunny. Today was Big Loves first time to meet the Easter Bunny and we had high hopes since Lilly loved it so much last year, I thought maybe this would go over great! So I got the kids all dressed up ready to meet Mr. Bunny...(Lilly did spill a little water on herself before we left but she was happy so I didn't care haha)

They were having a great time with each other and we were going to meet some friends there as well so everything was really looking promising.

There are no photos to show what happened next, we got to the bunny Lilly seemed ok, we stood in line for the bunny, things were still going well, then it was our turn with the bunny and things went south! I first put big love in the Bunny's lap and began rolling over to nurse the bunny, in the meantime Lilly realized that she was going to get close to the bunny and FREAKED OUT, I finally realized how strong she really was. So we stepped out of the way and let our friends get their photo with the bunny and we tried again...this time was only worse, neither child was really up for it, I even sat with Lilly to see if that would calm her down, offered her goldfish to see if food would make her happy...nope she just wanted away from that bunny! haha

So what has this taught me... no matter what Lilly is wearing her Valentines necklace goes with everything, and make sure to take photos of the kids before they go on these adventures. But I will try Santa again this year and the Easter bunny next year although I think any trips to Disney world should probably be put on hold for a couple of years haha.

No comments: