Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekend Whoas

Saturday:
All week we were looking forward to going to Piper's birthday party at a cute place here call pigtails and crewcuts. They paint the girls nails, dress them up like princess, sing karaoke and they walk a red carpet and take their picture ... really every little girls dream. haha So Saturday morning we woke up and played for a while, Lilly took her nap and when she got up we had lunch and got dressed for the big party. Before we could leave we took pictures and got all of our stuff together.

So with Lilly, our diaper bag, a birthday gift, my purse and drink (I am constantly thirsty) in hand we locked the door and headed out. WAIT what is missing from all of those things in my hands....KEYS! As soon as I closed the door I KNEW the keys were hanging right inside the door, Pinckney was 3 hours away - with no house key himself so we were stuck.
My neighbor happen to be walking by at the same time and thought we were about to go for a walk so she stopped to see if we wanted company when I told her were locked out. So the two of us tried every window in the house - ALL locked! I called onstar to unlock my car to open the garage door to see of that door was open...nope locked!
I called Pinckney to see if anyone has a key to the house - nope, stuck again. So I called to let Casey know we would not be making Pipers party:(. Now we needed in the house.
So I had to call a locksmith - when I called I asked how much it was going to be, the man on the phone said it was $39 for the call then it starts at $15 to unlock the door. I didn't want to spend the money but I figured it could not be more then $60 and it was cold outside and I wanted in the house.
The man arrives about an hour later and I believe saw a pregnant woman outside with a baby and knew he had me. So he came up to the house started what he needed to do, then had me sign the sheet that said it was going to be $39 for the call and $110 to open the door!!!!! WHAT?!?! I said that man on the phone said it would only be probably $20 since all you have to do is pick the lock. He told all prices vary WHAT?! So I was stuck....
$149 later and no party, Caroline and I decided we needed to take Lilly's photo by the pumpkins. This is our princess photo for the day. Still pretty cute:).

Sunday:

We were determined to make Sunday a better day. Pinckney's sister is currently pregnant with baby 3 & 4 yep twins:) YEAH! Some of her friends were having a baby shower for her on Sunday so we tried it again. This time Pinckney was home when we left so if we closed the door there was someone on the the other side to open - and he was able to carry somethings out to the car instead of just me. So we got dressed up and we made it to the shower! YEAH for us and when we got home we were able to get back into the house! YEAH FOR US! haha
Lilly and I had a great time - so many babies on the way we can't wait to meet them all!!!



No comments: