Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A few from the Birthday Weekend

We picked up some cupcakes from Cupcakes on Kavanaugh last Thursday. We made a scratch pizza and had cupcakes and candles. It was a perfect way to start my birthday weekend!

Lilly has kept us laughing lately with all the things she says. She is constantly amazing me by some of the things she says. Last week before my birthday Pinckney and Lilly were talking, Pinckney asked Lilly what she would like to get me for my birthday. Her response: "Let's get Mommy a new car!" This kept on for a couple of days and when Pick would try to explain to her that he was not going to get Mommy a new car she would have a fit and say "we have to, Biggie got a new car from Ho Ho, and I want a purple one with Princesses on it next week." With all of her efforts neither of us got a new car. ;)

Lilly has her dance class on Monday nights, while she is in class Bigs and I wait in the lobby with some of our friends. Last week we got to dance a little early so the three of us took a seat in the lobby area and when it was time for her to go into class she turned to me and said "now I am going to go dance and when I do you and biggie have to stay here and relax. Just relax." And off she went. HA!

Gran came to keep the kids so Pick and I could go see Pat Green and spend the night downtown for my birthday. While we were gone she kept telling Gran "Daddy took mommy out for a happy birthday."

I have started keeping the 4 year old room at church on Mondays during Mother Day out. I always wonder how the kids behave when I am not around. People tell me they are good but I sometime wonder if they are just saying that to be polite. On Monday Lilly's teacher stopped by our room to say hello and I asked if Lilly was behaving. Her response was "Well THAT'S a stupid question." I was a bit taken back so I asked "what?" she said again "that's a stupid question, Lilly is always good, she always does what we say and she gets along with others and naps." So it then made me think, well then why does she challenge me so much?!
Duck season ended this past weekend. Pinckney had some great luck this year and great weather! It makes me laugh how much Bigs loves everything outdoors. He talks about deer and duck, he loves duck calls, and playing with the dogs. January is the month that Pick hunts the most, so naturally the kids get a bit confused as to where daddy is when the season is over. Monday morning Bigs asked "where's daddy" I said "Daddy's working" he then was convinced I was wrong and said "NO Hunting" I tried to explain that he does still work, but Biggie wasn't buying it! haha

No comments: