Friday, August 13, 2010

Perfect Timing

While we were in St. Simons one afternoon I went to get Lilly out of her bed and something strange was going on, I wont go into detail but it seemed to me like she was having a seizure. The next day we were heading home and stopped in Atlanta when we got back in the car she went into what we were sure was a seizure. When we returned home our doctor met with us and we were on a fast track through different doctors offices. We headed to Children's for an EEG, then to a neurologist in Jonesboro, AR. Long story short the neurologist told us that seizures will get worse, so if this is what is going on then it will present itself and we go from there. We left armed with medicine to stop a seizure if she goes into one and hope that it does not happen again. So we really know nothing HA! But I have to share what happened before we left to go Jonesboro.
It was Friday morning and I hadn't slept much at all that week, I realized that I forgot to get the mail the day before so Pinckney went to get it. He told me we had a letter from the Ethertons. (Bill Etherton worked with my grandfather Bullet as a sports caster and he and his wife Jodie are now family to us:) ) So I told him to open it, and it was actually a letter from Lou Holtz. Here is what it read:

Dear Bill,
Hope this letter finds you well on your way to a complete and speedy recovery. It's been brought to my attention that you've been having some health issues and I just wanted you to know that there are many people, such as me, that are praying for your future.

(I) Appreciate everything you did in covering Notre Dame football and basketball on TV and radio for years, even though it was before my time. We both had a good mutual friend in Bill Stark (my grandfather) and he always had such nice things to say about you. My very best wishes to you and let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,
Lou Holtz

I was stopped in my tracks. I had been running around with all of these thoughts in my head of what could be wrong with my precious little girl and this sounds crazy but it felt like here was bullet just popping in saying it was all going to be ok. I believe everything happens for a reason, maybe we read this letter at the absolute perfect time just to make me get all my tears out before we got to the doctor. Or maybe it was Bullet letting me know he is still with me. Whatever the case maybe, I have a letter from Lou Holtz! haha


No comments: